Search Tasks 1 - Advanced Searching TechniquesWithout making any direct contact with any individuals identified during this exercise, complete the following tasks, using the Advanced Searching Techniques and the “Advanced Search” page on Google. You should spend at least 5 minutes on each task. If you are struggling move on to the next task or ask for assistance.
1. Using the advanced search techniques, search for yourself, a family member or a close friend, using combinations of the name as a phrase, along with the name of the area you or they live in, place of employment or any sports club you or they are connected to.
2. Now alter the above search looking for information from just within the last year.
3. Now alter this search back to any time, searching only for a full colour photo of your person, add some appropriate search terms to limit the amount of hits returned.
4. Now search your landline or mobile telephone number, to see if you can find any information online linked to yourself or your address.
5. Without signing in to LinkedIn, search within linkedin.com using the Google Advanced Search page, to identify any individuals who have been linked to your current or previous employers, or who have worked at the venue where the training is being held.
6. Now read through the LinkedIn profiles you have located, find one with additional identifying features, such as previous employers, University or Schools attended. Now search on Google, outside of linkedin.com, for other information about this individual, adding the additional information located about them from their LinkedIn profiles as additional search terms on Google.
7. Now alter the above search look for information from just within the last year about this individual.
8. Now alter this search, back to any time, searching just for a full colour photo of this individual, adding some appropriate search terms to limit the amount if hits returned.