Video Search TasksWithout making any direct contact with any individuals identified during this exercise, complete the following tasks, using the Advanced Searching Techniques and the “Advanced Search” page on Google. You should spend at least 5 minutes on each task. If you are struggling move on to the next task or ask for assistance.
1. Using the link under the 'Search For YouTube Videos Via Location' heading on the 'Video Sites' page of our website, select an uploaded video from a location close to where you live, work or close to where the training is being carried out.
2. Now copy what is in the address bar (URL) of the video you selected located and using the link to 'YouTube Data Viewer (from Amnesty)' on the 'Video Sites' page of our website to see the date and time it was uploaded and some screengrabs from the video.
3. Now copy what is in the address bar (URL) of the video you selected located and using the link to 'Watch YouTube Video's Frame By Frame' on the 'Video Sites' page of our website and adjust the frame rate of the video, to view it clearly frame by frame, slowed-down or paused.
4. Now go back to YouTube to view the video you selected, see how many views the video has had, when it was uploaded and read some of the Comments made.
5. Now view the account of who uploaded the video, checking their 'About' page for any details to their identity or links to any other sites.
6. Now using the information that have identified on this YouTube account holder, search on Google or other search engines for any other information or linked social media accounts, checking to see if any of the previously identified useful material match with these newly located linked accounts, to try to identify the individual's correct name, occupation and rough address/location etc.
7. Use the YouTube search box to search for videos of someone you are interested in, like a sportsperson or a comedian. Now adjust the search, searching as a phrase and using the 'Filter' options such as 'Upload Date' & 'Duration' to change the results returned.
8. Now view a number of the other video upload sites that are linked under the 'Video Upload Sites' heading on the 'Video Sites' page of our website, seeing how videos are searched for and how those videos are linked to those that upload them, looking for any 'About' or 'Info' pages for the account holder.